Snowman Cupcakes



Frosting ingredients
1 cup sugar
1/3 water
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
Today I made my snow man cupcakes. Cupcakes seem so mundane but their really not! You can  spruce them up with a different frosting. That is what I did tonight. I used a frosting that reminds me some what of divinity. It has a hard texture but soft melt in your mouth taste. It also has this incredible shine that keeps the whole time. I love it! I cant wait to try it on some other things. Back to the snow man. First I made my favorite batter for the cupcakes then I let them cool for about 40 minutes. Then I begin making the frosting. I enjoyed the recipe alot its rather easy! Its 1 cup sugar, 1/3 water, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar, 2 egg whites and 1 tsp vanilla... you mix the sugar, water, and cream of tartar in a sauce pan and heat until bubbly then you beat your eggs and vanilla till you have soft peaks. Next you gradually add in the sugar mixture into the egg whites....you do this gradually so that you don't scramble the eggs! So add a little and incorporate completely so the egg whites slowly heat up and not scramble! So you do this then you beat the heck out of it until you have firm peaks....around 7 to 10 minutes...it varies. After the frosting in done you take your cupcakes and dip it into the frosting...yes dip it in! This is how awesome this frosting is! Then you have this beautiful cupcake ready for decorations! I went the snow man route and I used marshmallows. I used pretzels to make my reindeer antlers and for the snow man arms. You can alter this to your own liking. I love light blue as a Christmas color and that's why I went blue but you could do red for sure! I hope you all enjoy this and I hope it inspires you to do some baking!! Happy baking my fellow readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment